In partnership with parents and the community, we will advocate for and promote the philosophy of Montessori, while providing a rigorous, individualized education that enables our students to become global participants in society.
We will be a transparent learning community that provides the student experiences through a prepared environment, individualized and challenging instruction in a nurturing environment that cultivates individual critical thinking and global responsibility.
We are a Montessori school, using Montessori best practices.
We consider the needs of students first and foremost when making decisions.
We work collaboratively with and between all teams.
We communicate and collaborate with parents/guardians.
Everyone at Geiger is committed to the following: learning, community, hard work, peace and respect.
Geiger Elementary School was named after William F. Geiger, who had been District Superintendent for twenty years. Groundbreaking for the original school started in June 1948, and the school was dedicated and opened in November 1949. Classrooms were added to the school in 1952, 1954 and 1957. In 1974, the school underwent remodeling.
In 2011, the original school was demolished and a new school was built. The new Geiger Montessori Elementary school was dedicated and opened in 2012. It is one of two Montessori elementary schools in the district - the other being Bryant Montessori.